Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Oldest profession in the World....



Exclusive; RED LIGHT SECRET


Visiting the world famous "Red Light District" in Amsterdam was worthwhile for me, a place where you have the world oldest profession (prostitution) taking place legally. I was able to get little information from the picture stories on the wall and bed rooms in the museum including you tube link for information and learning (educative). Unfortunately I was unable to have one on one interaction with the over 400 girls in their private rooms as I was not paying for 'sex'. However, I was able to get relevant information from the museum. It might also interest you to know that a big church is located right in the center of Red light district and the girls have rooms surrounding the church, they also have confession room in the museum to confess their sexual sin and ask for forgiveness, it’s also a part of the museum where tourist can make confessions verbally or written. More so, 70% of the prostitutes in Red light district are either married or in a serious relationship, as prostitution is an official profession in Holland.

Just like Holland, prostitution exist in every other part of the world. Brothel and non-brothel based, the difference is its illegal in many countries.
But what is it about prostitution?
 

Prostitution is the legal word for sex work; it is simply defined as sex work. However, there are different words to describe a prostitute, whether male or female, some of the words are dignifying while some are degrading. Being a prostitute is not a label but a profession because it provides income. A prostitute doesn’t have to be found in the hotel/brothel or on the street. He/she can be contacted by client on phone, hook ups, social media etc. As long as you have sex in exchange for benefit, it is called sex work (prostitution). Amazingly most sex workers operate at different levels with high class clients. They even commit their business into God’s hands. It’s a way of life for some, while others are either using it as a means of survival or been forced into it.

Not all prostitutes enjoy their job as sex workers, for some, sexual relationship with their client is simply business. While some enjoy it and even keep steady relationship with the client regardless if the client is married or not.
 Some people just enjoy having sex randomly, they like to explore, it’s an adventure for them, they lack nothing, but there is always an exchange whether in kind or cash. Some have to get things done like when marketing a product or service, is just part of what they have to do to keep their corporate jobs in other to meet target and gain promotion.
A woman however good and noble she may be by nature, in my view stands in immediate danger in today’s society of sinking into the maelstrom of prostitution if she has no means and isn’t protected by her own family. What is natural than that one should support such a person?

 Unfortunately, human trafficking is a common phenomenon in prostitution. Human trafficking is recruitment, transportation or selling of people for the purpose of exploitation. Some young women are lured and convinced most times under false pretense by friends or pimps to work as a prostitute. This often happen with extensive physical or psychological abuse. How many women are ‘forced’ into prostitution is unclear. The range is from 10% to 90%. Hardship can/has also force some into prostitution.
Prostitution is one of the most dangerous professions in the world. Practically many times around the world, prostitutes are murdered on daily basis while doing their business. Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) is very common among sex workers; HIV/AIDS cannot be overemphasized as most sex workers have unprotected sex especially when their client is paying more, or when they are emotionally attached to their client. Abortion is a normal thing for a sex worker or a lady that lives a reckless life, most young ladies even give birth to children they can’t determine who the father is.
Every year, thousands of women are promised a dance career or better life in Europe, sadly so many of them end up in prostitution. Even in the movie industry and corporate world, people are been exploited of their body to get movie roles, contract and jobs.


Interestingly, it’s discovered that most of the people patronizing prostitutes are of different age group, social class and mostly influential. For instance in Europe and America, celebrities patronize prostitutes more often than the ordinary people. For example, In Abuja, Nigeria, a business and social place, the influential people such as politicians and business men patronize sex workers more often using pimps and so do celebrities. While its normal for the ordinary man to patronize the low/average class prostitutes. These means prostitutes are patronize by all. Everyone patronizes a prostitute one way or the other, as long as there is an exchange of benefit. 

In ancient Rome, prostitution was legal, in fact it was a honorable profession and prostitutes were treated with great respect. Nowadays most people look down on prostitutes. It is however an aspect of life which many at some time will be exposed to including celebrities and influential individuals. you can therefore question how deviating prostitution actually is.
Often times, the victims of this profession are stigmatized, discriminated against and even criminalized. It’s so unfortunate that even those that patronize them, including their family victimize them. For instance, an influential person that patronizes a sex worker whether male or female and still seat on national decision making table to criminalize the same group/persons  he/she patronizes. Is this not inhuman and pathetic?


There is a lot to say about sex and it being a profession for those that do it for benefit. But I will leave you with this short piece as I hope this article revealed some secrets. Most of all, I hope that we are able to see men and women concerned in a totally different light, they are human just like anyone else, who work hard under often difficult circumstances and they deserve to be treated with respect. if you can support them by counseling/educating or empowering them, it will go a long way in giving them a better life, no sex worker is happy being a sex worker especially the ones doing it for survival, or being forced. For those that do it to gain promotion at their place of work or to reach target as market strategy, I advise it’s not the best as it’s against human rights for you to give your body to get what you deserve. So many things need to be checked, being a prostitute is very risky and difficult job. Let’s try as much as possible not to discriminate, stigmatize or criminalize those concerned. After all, they are well represented in every family and community, they are widely patronized by all. Stop taking advantage of their situation. You can assist a young lady or young man without taking advantage. 

My main point is; STOP Stigmatizing, Discriminating, Criminalizing and/or Taking advantage of sex workers, they are human and most often vulnerable. They need your help, prayers and support.

I also hope this will help inform decision making process for progress in seeking human rights, justice, peace and positive behavior change. 
On a lighter note; I entered an erotic shop (sex toys), 99% of the crowded shop were women purchasing sex commodities, as I continued my adventure around the Red light district, I discovered (from the entrance as I was only site seeing), cinemas showing sex films were highly patronized by female tourist for 30euros (N9000) and then I began to think; "wetin dey hungry these women"...lol. 
Sex is part of  life, it's a good thing, originally designed by God. Let’s stop abusing it and embrace what is right.

Find below YouTube link from the Red Light Secret museum.....18+ "Uncensored".



Article By: Kayode Gomes,  founder/chairman; Love Planet International Foundation
Reference; RED LIGHT MUSEUM, AMSTERDAM

3 comments:

  1. My Name Is Barbara I Am Here To Give My Testimony About A Doctor Who Helped Me In My Life. I Was Infected With HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS In 2006, I Went To Many Hospitals For Cure But There Was No Solution, So I Was Thinking How Can I Get A Solution Out So That My Body Can Be Okay. One Day I Was In The River Side Thinking Where I Can Go To Get Solution. So A Man Walked To Me Telling Me Why Am I So Sad And I Open Up All To Him Telling Him My Problem, He Told Me That he Can Help Me Out, he Introduce Me To A Doctor Who Uses Herbal Medication To Cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS And Gave Me His Email samherbstreatment@bk.ru or samlorriajiaao@gmail.com, So I Mail Him. He Told Me All The Things I Need To Do And Also Give Me Instructions To Take, Which I Followed Properly. Before I Knew What Is Happening After Two Weeks The HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS That Was In My Body Got Vanished . So If You Are Also Heart Broken And Also Need A Help, You Can Also Or Call Him Or Talk With Him Through Whatapp On +1 (213) 349-2159 Or Contact Me +1 (678) 723-1775 .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. All thanks to Dr Lucky, I am here to share a good
    testimony of my self on how i came in contact with
    a real herbalist who helped me. i appreciate
    everyone for taken their precious time to read my
    testimony, 6 months ago i was diagnosed of
    HERPES, this means that 6months ago i was
    HERPES positive when i told one of my good friend
    about this, she sympathized with me and then she
    said that she was going to help me out, she told
    me that we should do some research on the
    internet, we came across Dr Lucky, and my friend
    said that she has come across a lot about him and
    said that he is a real herbalist remedy to all illness,
    i was really surprised on this and confused as well,
    I was so speechless and quickly i contact him to
    help me and he prepared some herbs for me and
    send it across to me and he told me the way i was
    going to be taken the medicine which i did, and in
    the next 2 weeks i went to the hospital and they
    said that i am now HERPES negative, i am very
    happy about this, when i contacted Dr Lucky again
    to tell him the good result , i asked him how he
    was able to help me, and he said that he was gifted
    with it that he can cure illness like email him via
    (drluckyherbalcure@gmail.com) or WhatsApp him
    +2348154637647 Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was depressed when doctor told me that I have been diagnosed with Herpes disease… I thought about my Family, I know my Family will face a serious problem when I'm gone, I lost hope and I wept all day, but one day I was searching the internet I found Dr.ezomo contact number. +2349069171173 I called him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr.ezomo herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to Dr.ezomo and very happy with my hubby and family. email him on dr.ezomorootandherbals@gmail.com or you can also reach him through WhatsApp number+2349069171173 He can also cure so many sickness {1}HIV And AIDS {2}Diabetes {3}Epilepsy {4}Blood Cancer {5}HPV {7}ALS {8}Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete