Search This Blog

Saturday 13 March 2021

Meet Adel “A Special Child with Special Abilities”

 Meet Adel “A Special Child with Special Abilities” 

Here is Adel Ogidi, a 13 year old teenager with Down syndrome who is passionate about fashion, style and interestingly Nigeria. He also loves music and plays the drum set….

Born Different to make a Difference 

My story of becoming reflects on my journey so far and projects hope and optimism as I believe that  I mirror the image of a Nation Becoming... 

 

Like the lines drawn on a map, I was born with a different DNA strand, divided from the norms of society, my very being and upbringing defining uniqueness. 

 

We are tagged the same, a nation underdeveloped, a boy born with disability. We take our time to grow, every part of us the obvious blocks that make us different. 

 

The product of a union, the outcome of an agreement. We may not have come as they expected, but we still are and much more than their limited expectations for us.

 

We now rise with a certainty, that as a man becomes, so a Nation emerges.


#Adelshimi


 

One with Nigeria


There is a People, they are a nation. I represent them all.

 

As in our diversity lies the potential of unity, growth and development, so also in me lies the potential of a Man with a lot of love to give.

 

I am Adel, I'm becoming a man, consciously nurtured by the choice, commitment and courage of a Mother.

 

But for our nation, it must be you.

Make the choice, be committed, be courageous.

 

Together, we can make our nation work.

 

#Adelshimi





















5 comments:

  1. Brilliant choice of career! You wear all the outfit elegantly Adele! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Toyin Ajao Commenting as Afrolick...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic we need people like him in our society

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site. Fachübersetzung

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site. Übersetzungsbüro Hamburg Profi Fachüberstzungen

    ReplyDelete